9:30 AM – “The James West LEGENDS Panel: Transferring the Wisdom”
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
Address: 7795 Arundel Mills Blvd, Hanover, MD 21076
Phone: (410) 796-9830
- This panel honors Professor James West: Inventor, Professor, Diversity Champion. US News and World Report states, “ANY MODERN PHONE CALL placed, voice recording captured, karaoke song belted or conversation amplified via hearing aid would not be possible without James West.” Read more here: https://www.usnews.com/news/stem-solutions/articles/2018-01-24/scientist-james-west-on-finding-passion-inventing-the-electret-microphone-and-pushing-through-adversity
- Moderator: PROMISE Co-Founder, Dr. Janet C. Rutledge, Vice Provost and Dean of the Graduate School, UMBC, Associate Professor, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.
- Dr. James E. West, Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Johns Hopkins University.
- Dr. Eugene M. DeLoatch, Dean Emeritus, School of Engineering, Morgan State University.
- Dr. Johnetta G. Davis, PROMISE Co-Founder, Former Associate Dean of the Graduate School – University of Maryland College Park, Professor Emeritus, University of Maryland College Park
- Via Twitter – Dr. Lydia Villa-Komaroff, Co-Founding Team Member of SACNAS – the Society for Advancing Chicano/Hispanic & Native American Scientists.
- Closing Tribute: Dr. Darryll Pines, Dean, A. James Clark School of Engineering, and Nariman Farvardin Professor of Aerospace Engineering.
This conference is free. See the full agenda: http://bit.ly/PROMISE2018.